The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Tool 033 / For Monaco / Made by Jasper

As i met Ron Hanselmann last sunday on a watchfair in Belgium, i showed him and his watchmaker how to open my Monaco so the watchmaker could do some work on Rons Monaco.
I wose fed up opening my Monaco on a piece of wood and i never found the "magic" Heuer Tool No.033 in any Heuer watch repair dept.!Even the watchmakers how worked for Heuer Services whow i spook to, have never seen these Tool! So i builded one myself today, and it works( Pic. 2)!; You only have to lay the Monaco Case in the hole of the tool ( pic 3.)and push on the Chrystal top and the bottum with your fingers at the same time! And fluppp the case bottum springs open (pic.5)and it cames out underneth (pic.6)! The Case top parts lays then on the tool top beteen its lugs.But watch out / three problems with the old Monaco cases :
1. the 4 springs in the bottum basepart are rusted and stuck!( pic.4 &6 ; you can see the 2 side spring noises that hold the cases parts together/clip into the top Casepart) very hard job to get them working again!
2. the top Casespart will not hold the bottum caseparte because its worn out and the springs dont adjust and hold in the top case any more( to much opening)
3. the plastic-crystal breaks because of a wrong pressure point when press it out!
These is a very helpfull tool for changing the Heuer Monaco chrystal or seal and for having it regulary serviced too !!
Greetings Jasper Bitter from Germany

Messages In This Thread

Tool 033 / For Monaco / Made by Jasper
Re: Tool 033 / For Monaco / Made by Jasper
wie wärs mit einem cusom made...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE