The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Not much...

Hello,

Well, in fact i know very little about this one but i will gladly share it.... I became interested in the original chronoris when Oris launched the reedition and very little was said about the original one, except for some generic sentences in the press releases.

That sparkled my curiosity because i didn'l knew about this chronograph from oris. Well, i did some research, (as much as my spare time permits, bcs unfortunatly i don't get as much time as i'd like to dedicate to my watch passion...) and found very little too!

One thing is for sure, this is a VERY rare watch. Since i began searching i could only find half a dozen (!) references to it, and one of them was some days ago on an ebay auction (http://cgi.ebay.ch/Sehr-seltene-ungetragene-ChronOris-Raritaet_W0QQitemZ5052723521QQcategoryZ9251QQcmdZViewItem) (unfortunatly i arrived 1 day late), from which i got the pictures posted...

This is my favorite version of the vintage chronoris align box

There's another one in cushion case which inspired the reedition align box

The fact is that i got hooked by the beauty of this watch and put it on my wish list. The prices for these, according to the data i gathered are between 300 and 500Euro...and increasing each time i find one...

I know from the descriptions i've read through time that the inner bezel (60 min.timer as in dive watches) rotates by the 4 o'clock crown and the chrono operates with the top button (start-stop-reset)

As to the movement, i could only find 2 pictures and is not high grade.

It appears to be a regular watch movt. with a chrono module attached...I read somewhere that this movt was designed by oris and dubois-depraz and was 1st oris chronograph...I can not recall very well...I know it has 17 jewels and a flat balance spring...

Maybe is this the reason ( economy watch) why oris doesn't make a fuss about the vintage model?... No doubt the new chronoris is much better built and better quality (horological) than the vintage...

Maybe I'll end up buying one ;)...

Regards

F.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE