The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monaco Ref 73633

Hi,
I wonder if anybody can help me?
A while ago I asked the question on the forum do Vintage Monaco's only have red tipped hands?
I was told they only have red tipped hands and was recommended to contact L.V.M.H. as the only source for a replacement set.
This I did and to cut a long story short it has just come back from Switzerland for a full factory service including new hands, crystal/seal and crown etc.... at a cost of £333.00.
They have replaced the hands with the same ones that were fitted to the watch similar to the Autavia.
Could this be because they were the original hands and not very common?
I would really appreciate your input.
Thanks,

Sparky.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE