The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Good Analysis, Guys ! ! !
In Response To: Re: thoughts ()

nice discussion going here, and I am happy to jump in with a couple of observations.

The one you are evaluating (shown on top) bears a close resemblance to one of the ones that we show, in our comparison page (shown on bottom). Both have the same hands; blue-registers-on-blue-dial; painted markers (rather than applied). I had previuosly questioned the authenticity of (a) the blue-on-blue and (b) these hands, but was told that TAG-Heuer had authenticated the one shown below.

My main question regarding the one on top is about the lettering -- Heuer and Monaco. The Monaco looks BIG and the Heuer looks small. The three needles on the registers also seem to be mismatched.

This is a tough one to unravel. I would want to have a very close look at the paint on the dial, the luminous dots, the markers, etc.

good luck and thanks for posting here.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE