The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Question : PVD Montreal??

Question for the forum...

Was the PVD Montreal ever produced by Heuer?

I sort of always assumed that there was a PVD Montreal produced by Heuer, and you see them on ebay quite regularly.

But a few questions are raised in my mind:

- all the examples I've seen photos of have a finish which is much thicker than the usual pvd finish on a 510.501, Pasedena, or a Carrera 510.511

- I can't find any reference to the watch in a catalog, perhaps it is in a 1976 catalog (OtD has only 1974 and 1977 catalogs)

- why was there never a 7750 montreal pvd model, when this was really the era of pvd?

Anybody got any views?

There is a black finish cal12 carrera, which is shown in the catalog. But the few photos I've seen of this also seem to have a finish thicker than the later pvd? Any carrera 110.571NC owners out there to comment? ....Was there an earlier black coating before the pvd process was refined?

Any definitive description of a pvd montreal somewhere I missed?

What do people think?

Messages In This Thread

Question : PVD Montreal??
Re: Question : PVD Montreal??
Re: Question : PVD Montreal??
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE