The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Tag Bracelet on a Heuer Autavia?

First off, I want to say what a great site and forum this is. I have learned a lot about Heuers and vintage watches in general from reading "onthedash" and your posts. It was what persuaded me to buy my first vintage Heuer. I recently acquired a Viceroy Autavia and am looking to upgrade from leather strap to steel bracelet. There was an Autavia some while ago on my computer screen that was attached to a TAG heuer bracelet. I am certain that the bracelet was Tag (not vintage Heuer) because I asked the seller a question via email regarding the band on his watch. Anyhow, he had sent his watch to Tag Heuer in NJ for a complete service and this is the bracelet they provided. Can anyone tell me what current Tag bracelet fits the older Autavias? I realize that putting a Tag bracelet on an older Autavia may seem like sacriledge to some of you collectors out there. But if memory serves me correct, the fit of this newer Tag bracelet to the watch case was outstanding in this seller's pictures, as if it were made for the older Autavias. Anyone know where I can get some info? I would like to buy whatever bracelet this is. I actually prefer it to the older style because it has solid links.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE