The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
HEUER WW2 Vintage Military 1939's

I found this watch on Ebay (ever heard that before?) I have been searching all over the internet to find out if it is real or a fake? I realize the band and the dome is new. What would be the market value of this watch? I really appreciate any assistance. Below is seller's comments on the watch.

BRAND/MAKE: HEUER WW2 Vintage Military 1939's.

MODEL NAME: WRISTWATCH.
CASE # : 355379.
CASE MADE OF/AND SIZE: ALL SILVER0,800 case, case size Diametre 50 mm (not counting the crown), lug to lug 59 mm. Thickness 12 mm.
CASE BACK: Snap on double case back. Very good condition. The case have been professionally restored, and now are in excellent condition.
DIAL COLOR: SPECIAL MILITARY BLACK COLOR DIAL. With yellow ton arabic numbers. Condition from 1 to 10 is 9,8. Dial of watches has been restored by the master. Original basis!

MECHANISM: RARE Swiss made movement, 15jewels. Working very good, very clean.This beautiful military wristwatch has the original YELLOW movement in an excellent status which was very well saved, considering age of this watch. Mechanism has been recently serviced to ensure it winds and sets smoothly while keeping great, accurate time. Signed HEUER below the 12 with trademark symbol.
HANDS: GOLD color hands and black color second hand.
CLASS/CRYSTAL: NEW DOME PLASTIC GLASS.
CROWN/PUSH BUTTONS: GOLD ton setting crown.
BRACELET/STRAP: Band replaced with a new black band 22 mm.
LOCK/CLASP/BUCKLE: S/S Deployment Buckle.
FUNCTIONS: Time. Second hand at 9.
Overall Rating of the watch from 1 to 10 is 9,0.
ABOUT WATCH: Working, all original parts, rare, vintage and collectible.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE