The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Decompression diver bezel........

the Autavia with decompression diver bezel is strange, the "standard" bezels we all know are mostly logical. The decompression bezel was unknown for me. I am not a diver but i knew about the Caisson disease, when a divers goes to depths the waterpressure increases, this affects larger quantities of nitrogen (N2) in the blood. The deeper you go, the more nitrogen. When the diver goes up too fast, the nitrogen can't get out of the body and starts to bubble. We all can imagine that this is no fun.

The decompression bezel can tell the maximum time you can go at the depth in meters without the need for decompression.

If you go for instance 40 meters deep, you must go up in 15 minutes.

This scale was came from the net.

Here you can see the depth in feet and corresponding times.

juko

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE