The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monaco 1133N??????

Hi all,

last week i picked up a Monaco which I had purchased some time ago. It is the version with caliber 11/12.
When I opened the box, I noticed an old original Heuer-Leonidas repair note dating from 1975. It refers to the watch that I bought (same seriesnumber) however it is described as a 1133N/11.
The 11 most likely stands for the caliber. What is the N however? The dial is black when there is no reflection on the crystal, with reflection it varies -depending on the angle- between black and dark grey. The subdials have the same colour as the rest of the dial, so seemingly unlike the photos in the gallery.
Can anybody explain this to me? Was there an 1133N. Does N stand for noir, which is french for black?
It is a stunning watch but I am not sure whether this is an 1133G as depicted on the site or a different one.The note is 100% authentic.

Cheers
Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE