The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monaco 1133N

Hi all,

As promised I have made some photos of a Monaco which I believe is a rare Monaco 1133N.
The dial is entirely black, including the subdials. With the watch came an original Heuer-Leonidas repair note from 1975, mentioning 1133N-11. 11 probably for the caliber inside.
I am absolutely excited by it as I understand it is quite a rarity.
I didn't believe my eyes first as I am colourblind and know that the 1133G also can give a blackish impression at a certain angle. This one however is all black, so no subdials which have a distinct grey colour at certain angles.
I hope you like what your are seeing. I like it a lot. The red stopper really looks great in front of the black dial. Any comments are much appreciated.If required I can make some real professional photos for Jeff in case he wants to add them to the Monaco photo gallery

Photos? Have a bit more patience. I posted them to Juko who may want to add them. I am such a computer amateur....

Cheers
Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE