The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Mystery Autavia? *LINK*

Today I saw an Autavia version I have never seen before. I dont think this is a franken or a fake. I was interested if other people had seen this model. It's nice to learn about models you had never seen before. I thought I knew of every autavia variation.

I saw the model at a vintage watch seller. The guy is reliable and knowledgable, I've bought a few watches from him in the last ten years.

The model is a 73663 manual Autavia, with numerals on the dial. It is not like the black on black "military" model shown in the galleries. It looks more like the earlier version with the white subdials, but has orange hands. The numerals are narrow and "radial" rather than vertical. If I saw this on ebay in a photo I'd guess it was a franken, but I examined the dial with a loupe and it looked perfect.

The case reference was 73663.

I've made a "mock up" of what the watch looked like in photoshop using an OtD gallery photo; this is NOT a photo of the watch, it's a (digital) sketch. I can't remember the dial exactly, it's an approximation. There were 10 and 11 numerals on the watch, I just got bored of doing them in photoshop.

What do people think?

Messages In This Thread

Mystery Autavia? *LINK*
Re: Mystery Autavia?
Never Seen Such an Autavia
follow up
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE