The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
How in the hell did I miss that one!?!?!???

:
: at $2,550, I thought that this Carrera 12 Dato,
: went cheap in an ebay auction that ended
: yesterday. Do others agree with this view,
: or is there something that I missed in
: looking at this watch?

: I expected the winning price to start with a
: "3".

: Jeff

Hell, if I had known about that one I would have at least watched the auction... Damn...

Anyway... I own the White Dial version of this watch:

Which I have about $1,600 into (bought in 2003). And I also own the Zodiac version of the Heuer in the auction (White Sub-dials on a black dial) which is essentially the same watch as the Heuer save for the dial and maybe the crown, which I paid under $900 for about 3-4 years ago.

So to me, $2,550 is quite a jump compared to what I paid. I know I've been the bridesmaid several time bidding on the Black Eyed (black sub-dialed) white dial model in the $3,600-3,900 range but that dial configuration routinely outstrips the price of the other dial combinations. Considering what has happened to used watch values in the past 6-12 months, I think $2,550 is probably just right bordering on pretty good deal. Perhaps not a great deal, but pretty good considering one can't touch a Speedmaster Moonwatch for under $1,000-1,200 any more, etc.

Tell me what y'all think?

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE