The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Dashboard Model of the IFR *LINK*
In Response To: Heuer IFR ()

You asked whether there a dash/panel mount available for the IFR stopwatch or whether there a different version for mounting on the panel?

The answer is: "Both of the above."

There are various mountings that may be used to attach a hand-held stopwatch to the panel of a plane (or car or boat). Some of these were made by Heuer; others are available from after-market suppliers.

There is also an entirely different version of the IFR made to be mounted to a panel. The link below will take you to some photographs of these dashboard IFR timers.

Thanks for the inquiry.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Recently I had the good luck to purchase a
: Heuer IFR 12 minute stopwatch. My purpose
: was/is to use it for timing IFR flying. The
: watch I have is the handheld version. The
: question is: is there a dash/panel mount
: available for this watch or is there a
: different version for mounting on the panel?
: Having now carried the watch on two flights,
: I wish to mount the watch rather than carry
: it on a lanyard around my neck.

: Thanks, Bill

Messages In This Thread

Heuer IFR
Dashboard Model of the IFR *LINK*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE