The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New one... new lesson *PIC*

This is one I was moderately lucky on, a buy it now for $1400, including an usual montreal style bracelet but with autavia end links. Not a crazy bargain, but decent find that I am happy with.

I am not 100% sure about the Tropic style strap but it gives the watch a different look from my other Autavias, so I like that.

One thing I noticed is that the Autavia font and Heuer shield font are much smaller than on other Autavias, but I am still pretty sure it is real Heuer dial, looks absolutely perfect under a loupe. Looking over my ebay files have seen a few 11630s with this style dial. It seems there were two style of dial on the 11630, the earlier style with hour markers similar to an 1163, and then this later style which was carried through to the 11063.

Anybody else noticed the smaller style Autavia font? Any opinions? It's interesting to be able to continue to learn about these small variations...

Messages In This Thread

New one... new lesson *PIC*
Autavia font and Heuer shield...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE