The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Enough said, Wasn't intending to pry...

: The story behind is not that good Chuck, it's
: rather sad. So, if you don't mind I prefer
: not to share it here on the internet.

Fair enough... I hadn't intended to pry...

: I am sure we all have some things (i.e. this
: watch for me) which carry loads of emotional
: memories and refer to someone who was very
: close to you in the past.

Oh, I suppose I might have a few things like that laying about. But the funny thing for me about items/memories associated with my departed parents and namesake grandfather (I'm a 3rd and my paternal grandfather and I were close), other grandparents, aunts and uncles, is that when I think back to the bad/hard times I laugh about them, and I have quite the opposite reaction when reflecting on the good times. Perhaps becUse they are now beyond worry or striife that bad times caused, and because I'm saddened they are also beyond enjoyment of the good times/things now...

I feel the same way fkr friends and acquaintances who've mostes on to the "next big thing" as it were.

: Once that person dies all what's left are some material things
: and memories.

... And a legacy of friends, family and acquaintances who carry the memories of that person or persons forward.

: So, I hope this short explanaition is good enough to understand.

Far more than adequate.

: abel.

-- Chuck

P.S Apologies in advance for and typos/misspellings in this reply, I'm tapping it out on my iPhone (which my Dad would have loved).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE