The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
$227.50 Camaro ......

This is by far the biggest train wreck I have restored to date. There were so many things wrong with this Camaro that it was hard to tell where to start. The dial had been painted black by hand with a brush. When I removed the paint, there was not much left of the original printing on the dial. The movement had a lot of parts missing too. Who ever had worked on it last took the chrono parts off and used it as a regular watch. He used contact cement to hold the coupling clutch off of the chrono runner so the second sweep would not move? Then he plugged the pusher holes with brass studs. A real back yard watchmaker!
The dial was redone by DialCraft but I hope to find a nice original someday (I paid $250.00 for my NOS Carrera dial 3 years ago).
The Valjoux 7730 movement required parts from 2 other spare movements plus at lot of other parts on hand. I kept it as original as possible. These are fairly rare with this movement and I was lucky the signed bridge was still in place.
The case needed a lot of cleaning, fine sanding and polishing plus new pushers and a signed crown. This is the 5th vintage Heuer for my collection - I seemed to be hooked on this like some others I know.
Jeff - as you requested, here are the before and after pics. Craig

Auction Templates By DeadZoom.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE