The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I'm sure some of the UK regulars can help, but...
In Response To: Help, broken winder Carrera. ()

: Broke the winder on my 1964 Carrera Val.72
: setting the time this morning, can anyone
: recommend a repairer in England, i live in
: the West Midlands county.

I'm sure some of the UK regulars can help, but I was contacted by an English watchmaker some time back, I remember adding his link in my Watchmaker links on my Watch Links page, let me see if I can locate it... Chris Heal if I remember correctly...

http://www.chealwatch.com/

http://www.watchrepairs.org.uk/

His website lists: Oaklands Beckley Rye Sussex TN31 6TJ UK which doesn't ring a bell with me in my sadly rather finite travels in the Isles from 20 and nearly 35 years ago.

It's a start... Hope this helps!

-- Chuck

P.S. Easy click links are in the watchmaker/repairs section of my Watch Links page, hopefully you have that bookmarked somewhere, but cut and paste should work too! I'd do a fancy HTML reply to you if I wasn't on my iPhone!

Messages In This Thread

Help, broken winder Carrera.
I'm sure some of the UK regulars can help, but...
Re: I'm sure some of the UK regulars can help, but
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE