The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera 12 Datos -- Should Lugs be Thin or Fat ?

I will orgazine this response into a more permanent "Comparison" page, but you are correct

• The Heuer Carrera 12 Datos, and the more common Zodiac and Clebar Poor Man's versions, have relatively small, simple lugs. (as shown on the top two images).

• I have seen at least two of the Clebar 12 Datos that seem almost identical, except that they have fat, more complex lugs, that actually extend all the way to the pushers (as shown on the bottom photo).

• Until your very interesting message, I hade never seen a Heuer with these "fat" lugs.

Let me ask my best expert, to see whether we can authenticate the Heuer with the fat lugs.

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Clebar or Heuer 12 Dato?
Re: Clebar or Heuer 12 Dato? *LINK* *PIC*
Carrera 12 Datos -- Should Lugs be Thin or Fat ?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE