The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The One(s) That Got Away
In Response To: very cool 'rat look' monaco ()

I was offered another Chronomatic Monaco, around five years ago. It was fully "Midnight Blue", in excellent condition, and on the original bracelet.

At that time, I had never owned a Monaco, so it would have been my first.

I offered the seller around $1,800 for the Monaco; he countered in the $2,500 range. I decided that I was not willing to pay this "premium" for a weird, collectible Monaco, when I would buy a "standard" one in the $2,000 range. I decided that I would go for a "standard" one first; see whether I liked it; then consider the rare and exotic ones . . . Chronomatic, etc.

Oh, well . . . it seemed like the right decision at the time!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE