The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Scan Day: the three I have mostly set *PIC*

I liked Jeff`s announcement for this scan day very much. As it exactly matches to my habits when it comes to the fast question in the morning wich one to wear....rather be not noticed today or might I meet somebody who cares in the office. I am in the IT business and as I mentioned here before I once was wearing my 1970s Steve McQueen Monaco in the office and was seriously asked if I wear a wall clock today.
So being on the low key is usually how I leave the house when I go to the office. About 2 years ago my friend David from CT advides me of a Zenith El Primero on the german bay and I was pretty happy I bought it as this one got my daily office watch....please notice, with the blue center stop hand and the multi coloured sub-dials it already has some funky 1970s stylistic elements but it still has the 1960s case-shape plus the date feature, plus the automatic feature.....
Second one is the 1970s Sea-Dweller, I wear this one in my leisure time and maybe once a week in the office. Third piece is my olive drab, I own this one since more than 5 years, also the case was green originally but the pre-owner must have polished the surface of the case. I fould a matching olive NOS case on the bay last year but I never had it changed as it will probably get digs and scratches shortly wich would bother me then.
As you can see on the white paint on its strap: is the piece I wear on saturdays when it comes to some painting around the house or some other rough work here and there.
It already has a mineral-crystal, so it is just perfect for the small trade.
Look forward to see your scans,
sincere greetings,
Ralf

Messages In This Thread

Scan Day: the three I have mostly set *PIC*
Interesting Perspective on the Zenith
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE