The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Scan Day: Four of the "Go To" Watches

These things seem to change from time to time, almost in a rotation, but right now, these are the ones that get most of the duty:

• The Pasadena is the one that gets the "night and weekend" duty. I come home and switch into this one, and usually wear it until the following morning.

• the Zodiac ("poor man's" Grail Carrera) is the one I often put on in the morning, when I just don't want to even think about which watch to wear. I am running late for a meeting; need to throw on a watch . . . often, this Zodiac will get the call.

• Oddly enough, the "dress watch" / real watch / cool watch that has been getting a lot of duty lately is the "rich man's" version of this poor, old Zodiac . . . the Grail Carrera. No apparent reason, it's just the one that seems to be getting the call lately.

• Last on the "most frequent" list is the Sinn 156. When I actually think that I might be timing things during the day (like a presentation or billable hours) or I want something stronger / sportier (for casual days), this Sinn is perfect.

So that's the line-up at the moment. One footneote to all this -- Rolex Explorer is in the shop for an overhaul; otherwise, it would claim a position in the rotation!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE