The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Here are the pictures!!!....

This is my “new” circa 1970 Heuer Autavia GMT 1163 automatic chronograph with a CAL 14 movement on it's original leather strap. I bought it from the estate of an RCAF pilot who bought it new. It was cleaned and overhauled in September 2007, and has two new heavy duty spring bars.
The face and hands appear nearly perfect. Timekeeping appears to be spot on, as is the chronograph. The domed acrylic crystal is clear and scratch free. The case and pushers are 99% scratch free (appears to have possibly had some polishing done to it at some point). The bezel is worn around the edge and has a few minute scratches and it turns well and has firm positive stops. The ORIGINAL strap is worn and has been trimed slightly between the bottom lugs, the buckle is in excellent condition. The numbers between the lugs are 1163 and 247963. The crown and pushers feel solid. The caseback is the correct “one-step” kind for the 1163.
Let me know if anything looks out of place. Should the insert have all 24 numbers on this model?

Cheers,
Dennis Smith
Lake County, CA
REACH 6

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE