The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Owner stupidity this morning

: Rather than sparing this watch for you, Jeff, I
: think I will just keep it around "as a
: spare".

: You know, yellow gold might go out of fashion
: or something . . . .

So, I went to wear this watch this morning, which I keep on a winder, as the day-date is a little tricky to set.

The winder was empty! (panic sets in . . .)

Now I remembered wearing the watch on my most recent out of town trip, on the way home, so I didn't really think I has lost it -- but where the h*** was it!!!

I selected a forum suitable alternative to wear today.

And headed on to work with an uncertain heart.

Traffic is a good time for me to think. After about 2 minutes in the traffic on Georgia 400, I remembered having overadvanced the date, and deciding to let it run down.

I had left the watch on top of the winder, just under the shelf above it, had forgotten about putting it there and couldn't see it.

Just about here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE