The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Actually, CHMDI... *PIC*

For the Zenith Espada I posted previously, it is true that Chuck MADE me do it, as I doubt I would have paid up without reading Chucks comments on the rarity of the watch.

But on these watches it was definitely a case of Chuck HELPED me do it! The photo in the background (I assume that's a speedie on Aldrin or Collin's wrist) is from an album I made, as a kid, of South African newspaper cuttings. I still remember it vividly. So Chuck influenced a lot of things but I can't really blame my interest in space on him.

I was (and still am) mostly a Heuer guy, but I knew one day I would own a speedie, I had to have one as I was so interested in space travel. But in the confusing proliferation of speedmaster models, Chuck's article were a huge help in me selecting which models I should buy, and helping me select (what I hope is) a correct 145.012 and a 2298.

So thanks Chuck.

PS: The 145.012 has a nice little story attached to it: I bought it, thanks to one of those little sniping programs, at exactly the time I was in the middle of watching "In the Shadow of the Moon", the Apollo 11 documentary film.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE