The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
"Calculator" with MHT Bezel
In Response To: Re: Calc vs.MHT *PIC* ()

Thank you for the message, and the interesting photos. Here is what I know about the MHT (also known as the "Non-Calculator Calculator"):

• This is Reference 11633 MHT.

• It makes its only appearance in Heuer's 1977 catalog (shown below).

• It's a rare one -- to my recollecton, we have only seen one of these, over the last few years.

• The "MHT" stands for "Minutes / Hours / Tachymeter", because this chronograph has the Minutes and Hours marked on the outer, rotating bezel, and the Tachymeter scale marked on the inner, fixed bezel.

• It's difficult to suggest the value, versus the normal Calculator models. We have only seen one offered for sale; I recall that it sold at a discount to the price of a standard Calculator model; I would think that this discount arose because of some (mistaken) questions about authenticity and some of the weirdness factor -- people probably want their Calculators to be able to calculate.

That's what I know about these. I will hope that other might add information or their impressions.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE