The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
GAH! $5,300 to $6,100 for that? & people bitch…

: I guess that this is the way that a lot of
: brands are going...first sunglasses and now
: this!

: Thoughts?

"$6100 Croc-Skinned Tag Heuer Meridiist Phone: Nothing But a Pretty Face

Watchmaker Tag Heuer today announced its Vertu wannabe, the Meridiist. Like others in its class, its high price doesn't seem to justify the goods, unless you count a choice of crocodile, leather or rubber, a sapphire crystal main screen and a famous name. The specs are almost entirely unimpressive: 1.9" QVGA main screen, monochrome OLED on its outer rim, 2-megapixel camera, MP3/AAC/MPEG-4 playback. There's no mention of 3G functionality, so I'm going to guess it can only do GSM/GPRS, and though the 7-hour talk time is pleasantly above average, it had better have something to brag about besides style for the price, which will range from about $5300 to $6100. [Le Journal Du Geek via Reg Hardware]"

--------------------------------

GAH! $5,300 to $6,100 for that? And people bitch about having to pay $400 for an iPhone!

I love Heuer, but give me an iPhone any day of the week and three times on Sunday [and they would still add up to less expense!]!

-- Chuck

Messages In This Thread

Tag Heuer MERIDIIST *LINK* *PIC*
buy the Mio A702
GAH! $5,300 to $6,100 for that? & people bitch…
Re: Tag Heuer MERIDIIST
As Long as They Stay Focused on the Watches
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE