The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Bernie the faker - Xmas Message

Have you read this febble excuses by bernie the faker!!

Ebayers:Those who have visited me for the year past,will probably surprise the little activity I have displayed this month.I have been under the attack of a former ebayer,now expeled(not a registered user)who under unethical and ilegal practices extorted me with the threat of negative feedback me,unless I complied with his abusive demands.These demands were over watches this person had bought from me during the past year and for which he left more than excelent positive feedback and now he stated to be dissapointed with condition and originality,requesting an inmediate refund or else.As I reminded him that we had already gone over that aspect in the past and that he was fully aware that veteran watches,mostly from S.America,lack the excelence in condition and originality seeked by collectors,but prices reflected this .It is a well known fact here that due to peremnial lack of imported spare parts and craftmanship for the past 50 years,plus the high custom duties placed on luxury items,manufactures and dealers were led to introduce movements and cases separetely,sometimes unmarked to be engraved and finished by locals.This I understand has led to abuses but is the condition of the local market and buyers have to take notice of this,as I am sure this person at the time acknowledged, because he continued buying my items and posting positive comments on ebay.I accepted to exchange some of these " controversials" he bought for another at his choice and everything went friendly.But when he finally accused me of dishonesty ,threatening to negative feedback me with items he started to buy with different IDs ,with no intention to finish the transaction,with the only intention to harm me, I refused and reported to ebay.During investigation it was found that he interacted with all those Ids only for his personal benefit,only to deceitfully post positive comments on himself,and by using these extorive pressures, he unlegitimated his aparent honest dissapointmend with me.At the time I am working on feedbacks removal which I have beem asssured I will get and soon I will be listing new items .Thank you all for comforting words received and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Benie

Waht a load of rubbish, he is now trying to justify the fact that the items he sold were fakes. This guy is a complete asshole.

see www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/heuer/watches/wrist/fakes

these watches were all supplied by elvirab (or good old bernie) make up your own minds!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE