The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Here's What I Know (This Information Not Very Specific)
In Response To: Re: '60s Heuer Ref. 2445 ()

I have one of these (the gold one that is shown, OnTheDash) . . . not much to add, by way of specifics:
  • pre-Carrera
  • mine has Valjoux 72 (three-register) / also came in two-register
  • came in steel or gold case (maybe plated or solid / not sure about that detail)
  • considerably smaller than the Carrera
  • very pretty, with my favorite style hands
  • thin market / relatively low production, with not too many samples being offered or shown
  • seem to be under-appreciated among the collectors, with prices in the $1,500 to $2,200 range (versus the Carrera, which sells for 1.5X these pre-Carreras)
I love these chronos, but that is all I know (off the top of my head).

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

'60s Heuer Ref. 2445 *PIC*
Re: '60s Heuer Ref. 2445
Here's What I Know (This Information Not Very Specific)
Re: Here's What I Know (This Information Not Very Specific)
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE