The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Samples Per Year ("SPY") . . . Maybe All That Matters Now?

Darren:

I agree with you that it would be worthwhile to have production numbers for our beloved Heuer chronographs. For the purists / historians, this is the crucial data (whether we are counting Ferrari GTOs, violins or the rarest bottles of wine).

I am just about convinced that there is no reliable information of this type; not in Heuer's records; not in anyone's memory; nowhere. There may be data on some models (for example, the original Viceroys), but this will be far from complete.

Accordingly, I am resolved to the fact that all that we have is "Samples Per Year" (SPY) . . . meaning, the number of samples that modern-day collectors can expect to find offered for sale, over the course of a year. In the end, maybe that's all that matters.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Like many within our community i use Arno's book and the OTD
: website as great references when considering any particular
: model. To me one significant fact seems to have been overlooked
: in regards to our passion. What i would like to know is any idea
: of the volume of production for each model. Whether those
: numbers be informed records from Heuer themselves or a good old
: educated guess (estimate). Just to help us keep in mind what we
: are looking at here- Vintage Watches.

: Any chance Jeff of adding to the OTD website some idea of the
: production numbers of each model ?
: Thanks - Darren

Messages In This Thread

Production Numbers for each model
Samples Per Year ("SPY") . . . Maybe All That Matters Now?
Most probably no data available on actual production numbers
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE