The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sorry for Delay in Responding / Agree with Estimates

sorry for my delay in responding . . . it's been a busy week.

I agree with the assessments that Jarl has provided -- the Viceroy Autavias seem to be changing hands in the $1,000 to $1,500 range, with this being a fairly deep market . . . lost of buyers and sellers every day.

The Carrera is a scarcer item . . . To my eye, this is a very pretty one . . . some collectors seem to prefer either the early manual-wind version (at $3,000) or the Caliber 12 automatics (around $2,000) . . . There is a thinner market for the Carrera that you own, and an estimate of $1,500 seems reasoable.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Your Autavia looks like a Viceroy Autavia from around 1972. Check
: out this page for more info:
: http://www.onthedash.com/docs/CompareViceroys.shtml
: It's one of the most common Autavias, and I think it will sell for
: something in the 1000-1600 US $ range.

: The Carrera is a ref.73653 with a Valjoux 7736 movement from the
: early 1970's. I think it have the same value as your Autavia, it
: is not the most popular Carrera model. The classic Carreras from
: the 1960 will sell for a lot more.

: I hope this was to some use for you.
: Regards
: Jarl

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE