The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: you have come to the right place . . .

:
: Sheila:

: welcome to our vintage Heuer discussion forum!

: yes, there are people here who collect these, and yes, there are
: people here with much information about these watches. the
: OnTheDash website does cover some of the Heuer pocket watches,
: though there are many additional models. Have a look here for a
: few of the models --
: http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Stopwatches/a.Pocket_Chronographs

: It would be great to see some photos. you can post them here or
: send to me by e-mail.

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

First, Please forgive me for not knowing how to use your forum yet, but felt I should post anyway, even if I'm doing this all wrong.
Thank you for the link to the wonderful Heuer's in the forum, they are really nice. So clean and new looking. I think I only have one of those, and the movement, dial, and case are mint, however the paper label on the back is messy, and the crystal isn't as mint as the other parts. I will take photos and send them to you. Only 7 jewels, and the number on the movement is 7700.

I do have photos of the watch I was talking about before, It's the one I mentioned in my first message, however it's a regular or standard Pocket Watch, and not a timer, like the first one mentioned in this post. It has a dial marked Patent Chronograph, a pretty nice, and complicated movement, that has the Ed. Heuer & Co. Trade Mark on it, with Patent also marked on the plates. The serial number is on the dial side, and it's marked 46144.

I believe it's an early watch because of the early Trade Mark. Which is a lion, sitting on top of what looks like the world, with "sun rays" around the head of the lion. It's hard to make out on the movement, and also in the picture from the Trademark book, which I'm going to send you a copy of.

I have never seen another watch like this one in all my years of collecting. NOT ONE!

Well, that's about it, thank you for the quick reply.

Sheila

PS The trademark is listed in Roy Ehrhardt's "Trade Marks, Watch cases, Pocket Watches, precious stones, and Diamonds" I will send the photos later when I have both ready. Thank you for offering to post them for me.
Bless,
Sheila

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE