The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
More Heuers than ever !! pics

Great Explorer and SD, little jealous of the fantastic beach set, we got a lot of mountains here but missing the sea...

Last year I have concentrated on Heuers > refining and enlargeing.
Have moved away from collecting military watches except Heuers like Bund, IDF, Argentina, Jordan...

Most wristtime to this early autavia all stell hands and thin case, perfect size for me and stunning contrasting dial and less mainstream than all the green subs and new gmts.
The black dialled 'Derek Bell' Autavias are real undervalued underdogs however I am sure their times are coming.
Second came the Heuer Bund civilian version I have shown photos recently > love the size and minimalistic design, followed by panda carrera, jochen rindt autavia, mcqueen monaco...
I am picking one or two every week and the others stay in the bank safe.
I dont use the nos watches which some people think I am stupid however like to preserve these.

I have only a rather small rolexe collection: !680 red sub'bahama air sea rescue', 5512 steve mcqueen, newman, 5513 maxi dial, few 1675 gmts. The rolexes hardly got any wristtime I have even considered selling, just got really carried away by the fantastic portfolio uniqueness of our beloved heuers..

Cheers

Arno

: This Forum has been quiet lately -- which is sometimes nice for
: a change -- so let's do a Scan Weekend (for the Thanksgiving
: holiday weekend), with the very broad subject,
: "Which watches are you enjoying
: lately?
". Think of the following questions:
: Is your collecting moving in some new direction, as you are
: exploring a new era, brand or complication?

: Are you wearing some of the old favorites?

: Do you have a regular rotation for some favorites -- work / dress
: / sport?

: Are you enjoying more of your watches or maybe fewer, as you
: expand or consolidate your collection?

:
: My interests are always changing, and I will try to post some
: photos of old favorites and new favorites.

: Today, it is an old favorite . . . Rolex 6610 . . . stuck on my
: wrist for three days now.

: Jeff

:

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE