The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: You have bougth this one..
In Response To: Re: You have bougth this one.. ()

: Hi Mark.
: - I have a ref 3641 witch is listed as a white dial in the
: catalogues, but in real life, the color is more like silver than
: white. So would not worry about this. Seems like white = silver
: in many of the old Heuer catalogues.

: - I think the indices on our watch and a Carrera is the same as in
: the catalogue, it's just a bad print...

: Regards
: Jarl
: www.classicheuers.blogspot.com

Ok, thanks Jarl.

I have found another Heuer which looks just like mine: the 7721S (70-71 catalogue). But this one has a chromium plated nickel case - I think mine is stainless steel (which would be the Carrera 30). Was the 73321 made of nickel, as well? Is there a difference between the 73321 and the 7721?

If I get this right, there were poor mens Carreras made of nickel, which looked absolutly the same apart from the Carrera logo?

My watch has a little dent on one lug. I cannot see another material underneath. That's why I think, mine is steel.

best regards from Zurich,
Mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE