The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Do I have a 73321 or a 3641?

: I love this watch. It's beautiful and it's not as large or heavy as
: most of the chronographs I've seen. My father gave this Heuer to
: me a long time ago and I've never been able to find much info
: about it. I thought it was from the fifties until I found this
: forum. I read the posts about the 73321 and 3641 and both look
: very similar to mine except my face is very silver and the sweep
: hand is very red. ( Dad is a true genius at watch restoration so
: I wouldn't put it past him to "improve" the sweep
: hand. ) Any clues as to what I might have? Thanks!

You are probably referring to the posts about my watch. Mine really looks very much like yours, except for the hands. My second hand is obviously black, and mine does not have this black stripe on the minute and the hour hand. The dial on my watch is also very silver - though my face is not.

I have not found out, whether mine is a 73321, a 3641 or a 7721. I am not sure, if even Heuer could tell. I can imagine, that they just used the cases and dials they had back then and gave different refs to watches made from the same parts. Or is there a real distinction between these serials?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE