The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Tag Heuer Monaco Automatic Blue Face

Hi, I am trying to figure out if the Tag Heuer Monaco automatic watch (silver metal) my mom recently gave me is authenic. It's a beautiful watch, but I cannot find one that is identical to it in my searches. The back of the watch has a window where you can see the inner-workings of the watch, including a moving part with the Tag Heuer logo design on it. The back of the watch has the following letters/numbers: MV 045198, 3ATM Water, and automatic at the top. The square blue face has a darker blue cut-out border and a lighter blue checker-board pattern. The cut of the boarder inside of the watch face is identical to other designs, but the lighter blue checker board pattern is unique, as far as I've seen. Another unique characteristic is the weekdays on one of the registers; the other two have numbers. It reads Monaco Heuer inside the face of the watch. It glows in the dark very nicely after being put under a light bulb for a few seconds. It has three buttons on the side and the button in the middle has the Tag Heuer logo on it. The band has been altered--it is a blue leather band with a watch clasp added to it, and you can still see three holes in the leather band, so it looks kind of odd. The watch clasp that has been added to the leather band reads Monaco 1969 and Swiss Made. Can anyone tell me if this is an authentic Tag Heuer watch? The white dials look to be in perfect condition; in fact the watch minus the band looks to be in mint condition. I appreciate your time and help! Thanks, Chere'
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE