The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Still in Need of a Name
In Response To: Re: Autavia in Need of a Name ()

copied below is what you have written.

I do not understand how this answers the question that I am raising. You are showing what we have been calling "Autavia 1163MH" -- has 3-6-9-12 on the hour recorder and polished steel hands. This one came after the "Chronomatic" but before the "Viceroy"; was sold for approximately $200, through the normal retail channels.

My question: What do we call the one that I am showing here?? This version has MH bezel (from the factory), with 1-through-12 on this dial, with brushed steel hands, with red tips? Also sold through normal retail channels. This is not the same as the one you show.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HEUER AUTAVIA 1163 MH (Steel Hands)

(C) 2007-2008 by www.heuerautavia.com

There have been several "versions" of these early transition Autavia’s (transition from manual wind to automatics). Starting with the "Chronomatic" version (TOP line print on watch saying "Chronomatic HEUER" instead of "Autavia HEUER"); Afterwards the steel hand version with blue tip on the hour and minute hands came up and finally the full steel version shown here. As a very final fourth version one was produced with the well known Viceroy hands but not with Tachy bezel but with the here shown MH bezel (this version will be shown soon here). All this versions carry the scarce Caliber 11 movement. To my surprise the here presented MH steel hand has a bracelet (see bracelet section) with a claps similar to the early manual autavia models; but end links clearly fit as the auto version should be. This evidence was underlined by a Siffert Chronomatic Autavia sold recently on ebay with the same bracelet style.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE