The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Need help with identification of two Autavia's

I have two Autavia's that I've had for many years, but until seeing the thread re naming a "hybrid" Autavia here, never looked critically at the two I have. Both are marked "AUTAVIA' and AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH on the dials, and both have tachymeter bezels, and signed crowns. Both have "HLF" stamped on the chain-bracelet end pieces at the lug end. Both measure 15mm thickness/height.

One has Back dial with white (silver) subdials, hour register marked 1,2,3,....12 and has a (luminance?) filled "divot" at the bezel index arrow. The front surface of the bezel (insert) is nearly flat (very little taper).
http://i43.tinypic.com/257izpw.jpg

The other has a white (silver) dial with black subdials, and the hour register marked at 3, 6, 9, and 12, with only a arrow (no "divot") in the bezel index. The bezel front surface (insert) has more taper than the other, yet shows more of the crystal exposed above the ID of the bezel.
http://i40.tinypic.com/e9t9wx.jpg

Still more variations of the Autavia, or have they been named? Are the bracelets marked "HLF" original Heuer? (I suspect the clasp on one is bogus, as it's marked Hong Kong). The other is marked "SWISS" and is trademarked "G F".

Any help in identifying specifics of these model designations would be appreciated. Thanks...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE