The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Top Quality Examples sold, ebay links

Hi Arno, congratulations for your purchases, very nice items at really competitive prices!
The Autavia especially is in top conditions, as you would always expect of anything coming from Abel of course.

As for your suggestions, the market may have actually become a little weaker for some items, or perhaps it's just all the recession-mongering at work?

One thing that I did notice is that some items always seem to attract less attention (and therefore competition in auctions) than they should: the Monza is IMO a typical example.
On the other hand, sometimes, and one of your latest additions fits in this category, the seller chooses to offer the item only in a specific region. This of course is a way of curtailing competition and therefore prices inevitably drop or anyhow do not rise as they might otherwise.
Boxes indeed are getting scarcer and scarcer, and top items are for sale at incredibly high prices. Nice as they are, I doubt I'll ever be able to understand this frenzy for boxes as such, especially when their prices get near the ones of actual vintage watches. Have noticed that several red boxes have remained unsold lately anyway...

Cheers.

Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE