The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Mclaren Carrera -- Some Information

Thanks Jeff, I was the purchaser of this watch from that Bonhams Auction, I can not find any paperwork but think it was around 2003. I will try to get some pics sent, If you have info about the Bonhams watch that would be great. How rare or desirable would this watch be?. I caught the Heuer bug and collected race track named Heuers from around 1999 to 2004 I lodged them with the bank when I moved to Ireland, have only just got round retreiving them from the vaults I must say It's like seeing old freinds again. Heuers so far: Maroon Silverstone, NOS Blue Monaco, Blue Daytona, Gold Jarama, Blue Montreal, NOS C11 Silver Carrera, The Mclaren Carrera, Im' sure I also had a Monza! which I must have put somewhere safe I also have other lefties; Sinn EZM1(favorite), Panerai Destro 123e, Graham Chronofighter, Dubey Schaldenbrand vintage Caprice, also couple of Breitling 90s chronomats and NOS chron-matic, Rolex 18k Yachtmaster plus various wife watches. I bought a good SLR camera for Christmas and look forward to learning to photograph my watches and sending resultant scans to OnTheDash. I have been registered with onthedash for some time now and found the forum freindly and informative.

: Thanks you for posting this message and Happy New Year to you,
: as well.

: I believe that these Carreras were made by Heuer for the McLaren
: team. So they are not a "limited edition", as such, as
: they were not available to the general public, through
: retailers, etc. Somewhere, I have photos of a sample; I recall
: seeing one sold at a Bonhams auction a few years ago. It would
: be great if you might be able to provide photos, to post here or
: to add to OnTheDash.

: Welcome to our forum, and we hope that you will become a
: "regular".

: Jeff

:
: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Messages In This Thread

Mclaren Carrera
Mclaren Carrera -- Some Information
Re: Mclaren Carrera -- Some Information
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE