The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Chrono movements question

Admin please remove if against any policy or you deem inappropriate. I am new to the forum and have a few questions. I have come across a package deal for some complete chronographs and chronograph movements. I have just gotten the bug for these recently and really like a few in the lot. In it are a Val. 72, 723 and 7730 all marked Heuer. I was wondering what the fair value would be on just the movements so that I could make a realistic offer that I could live with. The 72 has a carrera dial that is in rough shape. The movement itself is complete with good balance and slight rust around the levers where the buttons contact only. Missing only the hour, min. and sweep hand. The 723 is complete and only needs cleaning. No rust at all. Movement is mint. Hour, min. and sweep hand missing. Cal. hand, month and day of week disc are there and fine. Dial needs replacing. 7730 has very nice "skipper" dial. Movement is apart but looks to be complete with good balance. Some rust in the winding section. Also a S.S. case that I think will take the 723 that is marked 2547. Only the tops or pusher portion of the buttons have been removed. Other than that the case is complete and in nice shape. There is another S.S. case that looks to have heuer crossed out in the case back and Benrus corperation engraved above it. It is marked 2446C. This case is in very nice condition but is missing the rotating bezel that it once had. The pushers on it are not totally round but are fluted. Would like to know what may fit it as I did not see a Benrus chrono movement in the box that I recall. I would be thankful for any insight that some of you may be able to give. Please reply by email at: "allabouttime@comcast.net" unless you would like to discuss on the forum. Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Chrono movements question
Sorry for the Delay; Will Post Response Soon
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE