The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
All in the (OnTheDash / Chronocentric) Family

OK, guys . . . it's the end of a long weekend, with lots of fantastic scans of cousins and siblings, and I am determined to add something to the mix. But I am going to take a different approach to the theme of "family". Rather than focusing on the watches that may be brothers, cousins or father and son, let's take a look at the OnTheDash / Chronocentric "family", from the perspective of some watches that are either currently in my collection, or may have departed from my collection, to join someone else's collection.

So in no particular order at all, let's have a look at some of the watches that have specific ties to our OnTheDash / Chronocentric family:

• In terms of wrist-time, this Sinn EZM-1 is definitely the champion . . . this one from David

• Based on scarcity, the black "Chronomatic" Autavia is probably the rarest one I own . . . this one received from Douglas, from Brazil

• Among the more recent arrivals is this black-dialed, Reference 2447 chronograph . . . from Par

• And if we want to see one that has some mileage, there is the Breitling Chrono-Matic GMT . . . received from Alex (in Germany) and then sent along to Arne (in Sweden)

• But the Ford Split Lap Unit probably has the highest mileage of all . . . sent to me by Ralf, returned to Ralf (for failure to have my postal code), and then returned safely to me some weeks later (with the correct zip code)

• In terms of the spirit of cooperation in our little comunity, there are the two Chronomats that I borrowed for a photo-shoot . . . the older one from Peter and the newer one from Andy, the Timeman . . . amazing to have borrowed these two beauties; then sad to see them go

• We pause for a moment, to remember the dearly departed, for example the Diver 100 . . . that now resides with Abel

• And the Autavia GMT Reference 741603 . . . passed on to Nic, in person, when we met in Neuchatel, January 2008

• My old Carrera 1153 stayed closer to home . . . going to Sam (aka, "Hewybaby") in Dunwoody, Georgia

• Of course, there is also the Cortina that I am happy to provide a good home for . . . received from one of our "regulars"

• And it wouldn't be a family without at least one of the "poor men" . . . like this awesome Dugena received from Alistair

So these are some of the watches that have paritcular ties to the OnTheDash / Chronocentric family. Of course, there are many more in our community who have contributed information, books, service, straps, favors, etc., but I have tried to limit this notion of "family" to the watches that have the family ties. My apology for all the watches that I have not mentioned or may have forgotten . . . there are others shipped, received, bought, sold and probably even borrowed . . . but, like I said, it's late (and I am tired), so please forgive the omissions.

Thanks for an interesting scan weekend, and we will be working on the next theme, maybe for the weekend of the 30th.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE