The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: right you are, Alex
In Response To: right you are, Alex ()

yes I agree, with box and papers and believe these you can always get on a sideline. org. purchase is nice too. what I think is different, that the one on the webpage is from FEB 1969 : based on the braclet stamp he showed. So 7 months earlier. Do we know when the first one was produced: do we know, the production time of the others in your picture collection? do we know the serial number of AMH compared to the webpage one?

Yes I agree with you jeff to start a registry for the crhonomatics: A, M abnc C? . However for normal sifferts you can switch cases like pants. Do we know the serial number range of:

chronm,atic sifferts and the normal ones: than we could always see if case has swapped or not.

Alex

: Alex:

: I agree with you entirely. I suspect that this watch will be sold,
: most likely to a member of our Chronocentric / OnTheDash
: community. I mean, we are the nuts who will offer the crazy
: money!!

: It's a great looking Chronomatic . . . in my estimation, for the
: collector, this one was the second nicest one that we have seen.
: Arno still has the Number One sample, in my opinion, because he
: has the box and papers, showing the date of the original
: purchase, August 1969. of course, the one at ExoticWatches has
: the original bracelet, and is in pristine condition, but I
: believe that the box and papers still will leave Arno with the
: best "package".

: . . . so we will keep watching to see when this one "shows
: up", as you say.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE