The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Sifferts: What View of the Market ? ? ?

I remmeber one year ago, when Abel ask me why I sell so many watches: now I think you know as I sold at the top peak of the market, facing the recession (you know I have a different opinion: depression). Also it was not wrong to set my stock money over to krügerrand (June 2007´) for the same reason: My wife said I am too much into amagedon: but now she also sees the problems :-)

I have learned three things now about the sifferts:

- never sell them
- the best watch to do watch trades
- most wanted

So whilst "normal autavias lost upto 50% now, the siffert lost about 20%.

I also think if you buy most of them, you wiill shorten market a lot: so price will increase: and thats what ai see.

However i also belive we will see times, that watches getting more cheap: may be people will not buy at all. So the good thing is I collected 60% of the siffert from a time where they are sold at 1500-2000 euro: so even in a wrost acse scenario you still run them in a plus.

For the rest I have my eye now on very specific breitlings like the GMT, LCD, LED, yachting and superocean. So regualr is outr: pick on the scarest and grab all of them is the rule.

Hope this is enough info: do you have an opinion too Jeff?

rgds
Alex

: Alex:

: You have been very accurate in your predictions regarding the world
: economy, some softness in the prices of the vintage Heuers, etc.
: So now we see you stockpiling the Sifferts, and must ask about
: your view of this particular watch? Are these personal favorites
: that you cherish and do not expect to sell? Or if these will not
: be permanent "keepers" for you, then can you tell us
: where you see the market for the Sifferts going? Is this the
: next McQueen Monaco ($10K watch when world economies have some
: recovery)? Or maybe somewhere between the current prices and the
: $10K mark?

: Your views have been interesting and valuable; please tell us how
: you see these Sifferts?

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE