The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Think That It Will Show Up Here
In Response To: Patience.. ()

David:

I suspect that it will show up here, after some "cooling off" period. Analysis as follows:

• Seller probably wants the "cooling off" period, as what started as a simple, low-dollar transaction probably had some difficult moments
  • First Buyer (who ended up not buying the watch) probably is not a "regular" here, or I suspect that we would have heard from him already, so he is not part of the equation
  • Second Buyer (who has, in fact, bought the watch) is probably a "regular" here; I suspect that he will want to show us his new watch; I mean, if you had just bagged one of the two nicest Chronomatic Autavias of all time, wouldn't you want to share it with the community! And he probably has nothing to be ashaned of -- he simply threw a lot of money at the Seller, as many of us probably did.
  • The Rest of Us / Bystanders / Bidders We must remember that the fun is in the hunt; so we missed out on this one, but let's start looking for the next one! We will encourage the new owner to step forward, so that we can all see more of this fantastic looking watch!!

So we will wait and see.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Eventually it will show up, somewhere...not here, though, I can
: promise you that!
: Cheers,
: David

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE