The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Scan Weekend - Something different...

Hi Timothy.

The Carrera was a numbered limited edition of 1964 released in 2004 to celebrate 40 years of the Carrera (the number issued reflecting the launch year of the Carrera). By now these are long sold out and I imagine most of them are now in the hands of collectors (I have one, I think it's one of the most attractive of Tag Heuer's classics) rather than speculators. We used to see a lot of them come up on eBay, along with a lot of fairly obvious fakes, but it's been a while since I've seen any - nonetheless, eBay may well still be your best bet for finding one.

The Grand Carrera is a current limited edition (of only 650), so your best bet would be at the more prominent Authorised Distributors - I have seen them at Selfridges in London and the Tag Heuer boutique at Westfield. The latter had both the brown and white-dialled versions, which showed me that Abel made absolutely the right choice in going for the brown one. The case is gorgeous in real life, the polished line along the side really contrasting with the brushed elements.

Love the photos by the way Abel!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE