The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Carrera with beige subdials
In Response To: Carrera with beige subdials ()

Good choice Arno.

I'd wondered about this one after seeing it in your book, having never seen one before either. Discolouration did cross my mind, as the remainder of the dial has bubbled in places but the beige colour looks too uniform for that and the paint on the indices and numerals seems completely unaffected too. I note the one in Chuck's article uses the other version of the Tachy index ring too so it looks like there's at least one more out there. I hadn't seen the lack of ridges on the indices before that big close-up but can see it in the book too now I look properly :)

So it's great to hear that Gerd-RĂ¼diger Lang was able to confirm that this was original.

I wonder why Heuer didn't proceed with production of these after the trial - for my sensibilities, at least, it's a particularly handsome combination and I would have thought customers in the 70s would have thought the same. Ah well, makes it all the more desirable now! Another one to add to the want list...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE