The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I Have Sent a Message to Antiquorum
In Response To: great reply ()

Here is the message that I have just sent to Antiquorum:

Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:26 PM
    To: [name of recipient redacted]
    Subject: Another Fake Heuer Being Sold by Antiquorum at its March 28, 2009 Auction

[name of recipient redacted]:

We exchanged messages in November 2008, relating to a fake Heuer index mobile chronograph sold by Antiquorum, as Lot 39 in its November 15, 2008 auction.

I wanted to let you know that the Heuer Autavia to be sold as Lot 26, on March 28, 2009 is also a fake. Whereas it required some research to be certain that the “Index Mobile” was a fake, there is absolutely no doubt that this Autavia is a fake. As one of the participants on our discussion forum noted, five minutes reviewing the automatic Autavia section of OnTheDash -- http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/62.Autavia/d.Automatic_Autavias/ -- would have confirmed for the experts at Antiquorum that this one is a blatant fake. Among other “clues”, every vintage Heuer Autavia has an outer rotating bezel.

Of course, I stand by my offer to help you authenticate any of the vintage Heuers that Antiquorum is offering. For example, Lot 43 in the March 28 auction is also a bit dodgy, but I have not had the opportunity to study it closely.

Cheers,

Jeff

Let's see how they react. Last time, they decided to sell the fake and "earn" the commission. I will be surprised if they proceed with the sale of this Autavia . . . But I have been surprised before about what people will do for a few dollars. So what do other readers predict for this one?

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE