The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Monza 110.511
In Response To: Re: Heuer Monza 110.511 ()

Thanks Darren/Mark, yes can confirm model number present and all other "expected" markings appear. It's clearly in good condition apart from the aparent dings on the left hand side of the case. I suspect the trouble the current owner went to to get a matchcing strap is a good indication purchase wise!

Its going to be one of those tough choices overnight i guess - i really like the re-edition Monaco cs2110 as well, but at present can only justify one!

: Carreras in the equivalent case have the model number on the case
: between the bottom lugs and the serial number between the top
: lugs. The engraving is quite shallow though and I think the
: PVDing process would easily obliterate it.

: The 510.511 PVD Carrera is in a different case but has no external
: serial number.

: If I recall, these Monzas have the model number engraved on the
: casebacks but not an external serial number, so I think that
: watch is correct but maybe someone with a Monza can confirm?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE