The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The next German F1 champion?

It was a long wait for Germany to have an F1 champion, though it would have been sooner had Graf von Trips not been killed at Monza in '61 and who can tell what Stefan Bellof's true potential was.

Watching Vettel win for the second time this morning though, and I begin to wonder whether the second might come sooner rather than later.

And it couldn't happen to a nicer guy - he comes across really well, as a genuine person - unlike Hamilton, say, who appears to be partly the product of the McLaren marketing machine. I was surprised BMW let him go so easily - a race contract is obviously more attractice than testing, but I would have been trying my hardest to make it a loan deal.

He still makes mistakes of course - had he been driving for points, he would have let Kubica past in Australia but it's reassuring that some people are still racers at heart. And had he not been quite so apologetic afterwards he might have avoided as great a penalty for the next race.

Definitely one to watch. No idea whether he likes Heuers, but I reckon TAG-Heuer signed up the wrong Sebastian!

Messages In This Thread

The next German F1 champion?
Cheating German
Re: Cheating German
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE