The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Bad Sample or Bad Recession: How do we Explain This One?

Funnily enough, I was talking to another forum member about this one this morning.

Too many issues on it for me to consider:

- the seller picks up on the non-original crown
- day and month dials are usually white on a 12 Dato, even if the dial is black
- the inner bezel scale doesn't have the seconds scale as well as the days - maybe part of the redial the seller mentions, or perhaps it was a bezel from an earlier Heuer triple calendar that only had the day scale
- corroded date hand with no colour on the crescent

On the other hand, the case and movement looked fine. Cheap price in the end, but how many 12 Dato parts are knocking around to get it up to scratch? Too much of a project in my opinion, plus there are sound watches out there.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE